Gaygetter Terms & Conditions
It is important that you read these terms and conditions before registering as a member of Gaygetter. The terms and conditions are a legally binding contract between you and Gaygetter, so you should only join Gaygetter if you have read them and are content to be bound by them. You should not join Gaygetter if any part of the site is illegal in the country in which you live.
In these terms and conditions, ‘you’ and ‘yours’ means the member of Gaygetter. ‘We’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means Global Community Networks Ltd, registration number 5940597, of PO Box 54949, London W3 8YW; who is the company that operates Gaygetter. ‘The web site’ means the Gaygetter web site.
- Age restrictions: Gaygetter is a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender international information, listings, and social networking web site. Gaygetter is for adults aged 18 or over only. By joining Gaygetter, you promise that you are aged 18 or over and that you will not allow access to Gaygetter by anybody under the age of 18. While we cannot guarantee to vet the age of everyone registering as a member of Gaygetter, anyone who we suspect pretends to be over 18 when they are not, or who uses Gaygetter to try to make contact with people under 18, will not be allowed to use Gaygetter and all information about them will be removed from the web site immediately.
- Sexually explicit content: Gaygetter may contain content that is sexually explicit and if this might offend you, you should not join Gaygetter. We will only agree to remove content that is offensive if it is in breach of our content policy and we are not liable for any offence caused. Members must not post photos on their profile that feature full frontal nudity.
- Membership: Silver membership of Gaygetter is free of charge. Silver membership entitles you to make limited use of the Gaygetter web site. By paying a membership fee, you can upgrade to Gold membership which entitles you to make fuller use of the web site. The cost of Gold membership is shown on the site. If you are a Gold member, to ensure your Gold membership continues uninterrupted you must renew your membership before it expires. We will not renew it for you though we will remind you shortly before payment is due. We promise that we will never make any charge to your credit or debit card without your explicit consent. You can terminate your membership of Gaygetter at any time, but if you do, we will not be under any obligation to refund your membership fee.
- Password confidentiality: When registering as a Silver or Gold member of Gaygetter, you will be asked to choose a password and name. These will enable you to log in to the Gaygetter site and make use of the members’ facilities there. You promise to keep your password confidential. We will not be liable if as a result of misuse or carelessness your password has been used by someone else.
- Safeguarding your security: When registering, you will be asked to give us your full name, date of birth, e-mail address, and home address. We promise that we will not post these details on the Gaygetter web site. We also promise that we will not pass your personal details on to anyone else, including other companies; and that we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details from being obtained by anyone else for whatever purpose. We promise that we will comply with our obligations under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 concerning information that we hold about you. You promise to inform us immediately if you suspect that someone has made any unauthorised use of your password, has interfered with your profile, or if you suspect there has been any other breach of security concerning your profile, personal details, or password.
- Using Gaygetter – you promise that:
- You will not upload, send, store, or create links to any offensive or illegal material and that you will not use Gaygetter to unfairly or unlawfully discriminate against any other person on the grounds of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, age or class
- You will not create more than one profile on the web site, unless you are responsible for a business listed on Gaygetter, in which case you may have a personal profile on Gaygetter and a separate profile of your business
- The information that you give about yourself is true and that you will not impersonate any other person. You will not upload onto your profile any material of which you are not the originator and which is subject to copyright, or about which you do not own the intellectual property
- You will not use offensive, obscene or insulting language about anyone else on the web site
- You will not use the site for advertising or promoting products, services, goods, political or religious causes; for sending chain letters or for pyramid selling
- You will not transmit to Gaygetter or any other Gaygetter member any files that contain worms, viruses, Trojans, or other potentially harmful content
- You will respect copyright concerning Gaygetter content and will not copy Gaygetter content or software. You may copy small amounts of information from Gaygetter, including photos, onto your hard disc or print them off; as long as this is for your own private use only and not for publication or reproduction on another web site
- You will not attempt to interfere with Gaygetter software, security provisions, another member’s profile, or any other part of the web site to which you do not have legitimate access
- You will inform us of any abuses of Gaygetter, or any breaches of these terms and conditions, that you suspect or encounter
- You will indemnify us against any claims, liabilities and costs that occur if you breach any of these terms and conditions.
- Our response to any breaches of these terms and conditions: to safeguard everyone’s enjoyment of the facilities Gaygetter provides, we may, if these terms and conditions are breached:
- remove a member’s profile or material from that profile, at our discretion
- remove a member’s profile or material from that profile if it might subject us to liability or be illegal, or if it is in breach of any part of these terms and conditions
- cancel a membership, without making any refund, if we believe you have breached these terms or conditions or exposed us to any liability
- Intercept or copy any messages between members if we suspect these might breach these terms and conditions
- Report to the police any evidence of criminal activity being promoted or conducted via Gaygetter.
- Amending these terms and conditions: we reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we do so, we will publicise changes on the Gaygetter web site.
- Liability for viruses, worms etc: you should maintain up to date virus protection software. We promise that we will take all reasonable steps to protect members from viruses, worms, Trojans etc being transmitted via the Gaygetter web site. However, we cannot accept any liability for damage to your computer or software caused by harmful files downloaded via the Gaygetter web site.
- Downtime: we will keep any downtime to the absolute minimum required for essential maintenance of Gaygetter software and hardware. We will give members reasonable notice of any anticipated downtime for maintenance. We will not accept liability for any loss of members’ enjoyment or facility as a result of downtime. This applies whether it is planned; or unplanned as a result of software difficulties, hardware breakdown, interruptions in services provided by contractors, or emergencies.
- Liability for site content and links: we make all reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy of information on Gaygetter but we cannot be held liable for the quality, completeness or accuracy of information on the website, whether this is posted by us or by members. We advise you to check the reliability of the information yourself before you rely on it. Nor can we accept any liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of information derived from the web site. We cannot accept any liability for any inaccurate or misleading information contained in other web sites to which there are links from Gaygetter. We encourage members of Gaygetter to post their own reviews and feedback about places on the web site. We do not control the content of what is posted by members. Views expressed by members are not necessarily our views.
- Monitoring of site content: we reserve the right to monitor the content of profiles, reviews, messages etc on Gaygetter, and to remove any content that appears potentially illegal or which may be in breach of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are designed to promote the enjoyment of Gaygetter by its members; and as far as is possible to safeguard the wellbeing of members and the interests of Gaygetter.
By proceeding with the registration process, you are indicating that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
Further terms and conditions with which proprietors of establishments listed on Gaygetter must comply:
- Accuracy of information: as the person or company responsible for the establishment listed on Gaygetter, you promise to supply information that is truthful and as accurate as possible, and to keep this information up to date. You agree to inform Gaygetter of any changes to your establishment’s location, opening times, facilities or services provided, characteristics, or target clientele. You also agree to inform Gaygetter if you close or dispose of the establishment, or transfer it.
- Business ethics: you undertake not to attempt to unfairly disadvantage any other establishment listed on Gaygetter by, for example, conveying false information about it. You promise not to write any review of any establishment similar to your own for posting on the Gaygetter web site, or in any other way seek to convey false information about another establishment or competitor. You also promise not to unfairly advantage your own business over others by posting multiple favourable reviews of your business on Gaygetter that appear to be written by Gaygetter users.
- We promise to take all reasonable steps to safeguard the interests of establishments listed on Gaygetter by monitoring the quality and accuracy of information. We will encourage members to enhance the quality and appeal of the information by posting reviews, adding establishments to their favourites, providing us with feedback etc. The views expressed in members' reviews are those of the member that wrote it, and are not necessarily our views. We cannot accept liability for any loss of or damage to business that results from the content of a members' review on Gaygetter.
- We reserve the right to remove information about establishments from the web site if we suspect it is untruthful, inaccurate, misleading, illegal or offensive. We also reserve the right to amend or edit information provided by you about your establishment, to ensure it is consistent with other information on the web site and with Gaygetter policy.
- Establishments whose proprietors do not comply with these terms and conditions may be deleted from the web site, or may be listed with minimal information only.
By providing us with information about your establishment for posting on Gaygetter, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions.
The registered office of Global Community Networks Ltd is at 40 Princes Avenue London W3 8LS.
Illegal Material: Illegal material includes any sexual imagery of children or young people under 18, drug paraphernalia, or images of violence that goes beyond moderate bondage or S&M. Offensive material includes Nazi regalia, anything associated with extreme violence, and text or imagery that promotes sexism, racism, homophobia and other unacceptable prejudices.