Gaygetter believes in the free exchange of ideas, experiences and information on the internet so we try to minimise the extent to which we interfere with members’ choice about what to put on their profiles and what to message each other about. But, some very basic boundaries are necessary to ensure that we comply with legislation, do not unavoidably offend people, and do not exploit people who may be vulnerable. This policy sets out in general terms what those boundaries are.
- Written content of profiles: Gaygetter encourages members to write about themselves, their likes, dislikes, interests, and who they like to meet; provided they respect the following limits:
- We cannot allow profiles that contain sexual imagery of children or young people who are (or appear to be) under the age of 18, or allow messages that might be about meeting under 18s for sexual purposes
- While we respect everyone’s right to enjoy their sexuality, we believe that this right can only be upheld if that can happen without anyone else being harmed as a result. Text and images of moderate bondage and S&M is fine, but content that is extremely violent is not acceptable and will not be allowed in profiles
- Gratuitously offensive content cannot be included in profiles. It is always difficult to define exactly what is offensive, but examples of offensive content that will be removed from profiles include Nazi regalia, propaganda concerning extreme politics, or anything that is promoting racism, homophobia, sexism, and any other unacceptable or unlawful prejudices
- Gaygetter will not condone criminal behaviour, particularly where vulnerable people could be victimised by it. For these reasons, written content about, or images of, violence to women, drug abuse, cruelty to animals and other unacceptable behaviour will not appear on Gaygetter.
- Photos: Gaygetter encourages members to post photos on profiles, but sexually explicit photos or photos that include full frontal nudity can only be posted in members' private galleries, not on the public part of the site. The conditions relating to the written content of profiles, set out in paragraph one above, apply to photos as well. Images of children, violence that goes beyond S&M, and unacceptable or criminal activity cannot be posted on Gaygetter, even in private galleries. Gaygetter staff will see all photos uploaded onto the website and those which are sexually explicit will have to be posted in members’ image galleries, access to which is restricted.
- E-mail addresses and links to websites: these cannot be included in members’ profiles or image galleries. Website links may be included on advertisements, however any site linked to must also comply with this content policy, and must not include any images featuring full-frontal nudity.
- Messaging: we do not routinely monitor members’ messages but if we become aware of the Gaygetter messaging facility being misused, for example to attract people under 18, we will terminate membership immediately.
- Terms and conditions: please see the Terms and Conditions for further information.
Thank you for respecting this content policy. It is designed to ensure that everyone is able to use Gaygetter and get maximum benefit from its facilities.